Confidence + Composure Dog Training Program
Confidence and Composure: A Safe Learning Environment for the Socially Challenged Dog
Do any of these behaviours describe your dog?
- Lunging, Barking, Growling
- Intense, over-reaction to ordinary things
- Nervous or Scared
- Worried or Fearful
Our Confidence & Composure program is a unique and comprehensive program that addresses “aggressive” behaviours displayed by your dog.
Dogs that are overly reactive and “aggressive” are often nervous or scared. They need to build their confidence when faced with what they perceive as a “scary thing” and learn new behaviours at the same time.
“Urban life is a reality for a lot of dogs today. Walking calmly on leash is a basic requirement for their everyday lives. Walking our dog is one of the reasons we have them in the first place and it’s supposed to be fun. I want all dog owners to experience a calm and relaxed walk.”
If any of these statements describe you:
- Do you avoid meeting other dogs or people?
- Are you adjusting your walk time or routine just to avoid running into “stuff” that will upset your dog?
- Are you at the end of your leash?
Start today …peaceful and relaxing walks are within your grasp.
Step 1: Book an initial Assessment and let the training begin.
Here we sit down and clearly define your goals and expectations with your dog. We then begin to create a management/ training plan to achieve these goals.
Step 2: Join a training program.
- Follow your plan. At your pace. On your schedule.
- Get the support and training you need to succeed.
- One on one training will guide and support you in achieving your goals
- Learn how to teach your dog the skills you will need
- Learn to read and understand your dog
- Gain confidence, learn to be proactive instead of reactive
- Understand how leash handling affects your dog’s behaviour
- Learn how to create positive associations for your dog to start to change response to stimuli
- Learn how to teach your dog to look at the stimuli and ignore it, not just how to look away from the stimuli
Step 3: When you are ready, join classes.
Small selected groups of dogs and handlers with a high student teacher ratio. Allows you to challenge your new found skills in a controlled environment.
Peaceful and relaxing walks are within your grasp!
Looking For A Professional Dog Trainer?
Our mission is to help you achieve the dog of your dreams, whether that is becoming a loving, well-mannered pet or a hard-working dog sport companion. Together we will create a picture of what your ideal dog looks like, and achieve lasting results with positive training and reinforcement and a step by step action plan for to help keep you on track.
Our services include puppy socialization packages, obedience training, reactive or challenging dog behaviours, and dog sports of all levels including agility, nose work and more.
We provide local services in the Kemptville – Winchester – Ottawa area, as well as 1:1 training in person or via video training or online courses.